About this Course
On this course, students are immersed in a stimulating programme of study, and will explore a whole host of themes, from performance techniques through to body and voice skills and approaches to stage and screen acting. On the practical side, students have the opportunity to gain vast experience through various recorded and live performance projects, helping to develop acting and directing skills in a supportive environment. Alongside creative practice students build essential skills such as audition and interview techniques.
You will be trained in a variety of skills in performance-making including acting, devising, technical theatre, writing and cultural planning, equipping you well for a broad range of vocational roles within the cultural sector, as well as further study at postgraduate level.
What to expect
You will learn through a combination of practical workshops, lectures and tutorials, and participate in live performances in college and in the community. Some of the key topics covered here are:
- Relaxed and effective teaching style
- Opportunities to take part in performances at college and in the community
- Experience of integrating acting, movement and voice skills and production
- The course will prepare you to present yourself for auditions
- At the end of the course you have to make a final group presentation